Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Lesson1

First Lesson                                                                                                          with Mr Khalid 



                                                      INTRODUCTION:
What is your name?               My name is Khalid Bl
What’s your first name?         My first name isKhalid
What is your last name?         My last name is Bl   =  My surname is Bl   = My family name is Bl     
What’s your full name?          Khalid Bl


Possession:
My
Your
His
Her
Its
Our
Your
Their
What’s its name?   Its name is dolly
What are their names?  Their names are Sam and line
What’s her name?   Her name is line
What’s his name?   His name is Sam

Introduce someone to other:

Molly: hi Sam
Sam: hello
Molly: Sam this is Dan
Dan: nice to meet you?
Sam: nice to meet you too.

Introduce myself

Sam: Hi I’m Sam, what’s your name?
Dan: I’m Dan
Sam: nice to meet you, Dan.
Dan: nice to meet you too.

Let me introduce you my friends

He has short curly blond hair
She has long straight black hair

Introduction

A: Jane, this is John.
B: Nice to meet you John.
C: nice to meet you too, Jane.

A: Professor Ryan this is Dr. Stone.
B: it’s nice to meet you Dr. Stone.
C: it’s nice to meet you too, Professor Ryan.

A: hello my name is Dr. Doolittle.
B: it’s nice to meet you Dr. Doolittle.
A: my name is Dr. Ryan.
B: it’s nice to meet you too Dr. Ryan.

A: Pam this is Janet
B: nice to meet you, Janet.
C: nice to meet you too Pan.
A: Pan, Janet is from London.
B: oh I went to London last summer! It’s a lovely place.
C: you did? Did you go to Westminster abbey?
 
A: hello I’m Dr. Kemal.
B: hello, Dr, Kemal, my name is Dr. Dan.
A: are you enjoying the conference?
B: yes, I am learning a lot about heart problems.
A: oh is that your field!
B: yes, what is your interest here?
A: I’m a psychiatrist.
B: well there is a connexion between stress and heart problems, let’s talk about this.


A: hello I’m Dr. Kemal.      hello I'm prof Hassan  hello I'm president Obama


Mr (for single / married men)
Ms (for single/married women)
Mrs (for married women)
Miss (for young and married women)

Numbers



Zero
Eleven 
Twenty-one
Twenty
One
Twelve
Twenty-two
Thirty
Two
Thirteen
Twenty-three
Forty
Three
Fourteen
Twenty-four
Fifty
Four
Fifteen
Twenty-five
Sixty
Five
Sixteen
Twenty-six
Seventy
Six
Seventeen
Twenty-seven
Eighty
Seven
Eighteen
Twenty-eight
Ninety
Eight
Nineteen
Twenty-nine
One hundred
Nine
Twenty
Thirty
Two hundred
Ten


 One thousand



How old is she?
She is eighteen
How old is he?
He is nineteen years old.
What is your phone number?
It is 212 45789545
How old are you?
I’m twenty tow years old 

ENGLISH ALPHABET

 


Adjective


We use the adjective to describe a noun

Example for the adjectives:

Tall
Small
Beautiful
Easy
Pretty
Handsome
Good looking
Thin
Fat
Strong
Weak

I like good movies

Adjectives can change the meaning of the noun

It is a bad movie
It is a good movie

Adjectives are not singular or plural

It is a good movie
They are good movies

In English, the adjective is before the noun

Example:
An interesting book                                                                   A difficult project
A tall man                                                                                  A beautiful woman
A handsome man
It’s a good movie

Sometimes, they come after the verb to be

The movie is good
The weather today is better than yesterday
He isn’t a better football player than his brother
My score was worse than my brother’s score on the test
I fell worse today than I felt yesterday




Describe something:

He                is                      tall.
Subject         verb                 complement
He is tall and strong
She is pretty and nice                                          (pretty is only for woman)


He is handsome and intelligent                           (Handsome is only for man)
She is good looking and smart                            (good-looking is for man and woman)
He is ugly                                                            (ugly) is for man and woman
He is short but strong
She is tall but beautiful
He is small but clever
She is pretty but shy
Talk About Hair
Her hair is tall and straight
His hair is black and small
Talk about eyes
She has brown eyes
He has got blue eyes
She has got big and green eyes
Tim is riding an old bicycle
Words that describe noun are adjectives
In this sentence, old is an adjective
It describe bicycle
The tall woman wore a new dress
Roses are beautiful flowers
He has a new car
His car is white
Was it an easy test?
Yes it was an easy test
Yes it was easy
Is your brother a clever boy?
No, he isn’t clever
Terry has a red car
 His car is new
His beautiful car is fast
Your ball is new
Your new ball is black and white


Adjectives and opposite:

Tall
Short
Small
Big
Beautiful
Ugly
Easy
Difficult
Thin
Heavy  
Strong
Weak     
Happy
Unhappy
Expensive
Cheap
Quick
Slow  
Riche
Poor  
Good
Bad
Long
Short
Lucky
Unlucky
Fortunately
Unfortunately
Hot
Cold
Dark
light









What does she look like?
She is tall and beautiful and her hair is tall and black, she has got big and green eyes, her face is light, she is slime and nice, she looks very beautiful when she wear her black skirt and a blue shirt
Why don’t you want to talk to her? I can’t I’m very shy, oh man its simple go to her and tell her I want to know you I like your style …., and invite her to have lunch with you
Ok, I’m going to tell her
Don’t forget!

Adjectives:
Bored      Worried        Excited      Tired      Interested        Annoyed
                  Boring    worrying        Exciting     Tiring     Interesting      Annoying 

How does he feel?
He’s tired
Why does he feel like that?
The work is tiring.

How does she feel?
She is interested
Why does he feel like that?
Her magazine is interesting

How does he feel?
He is annoyed
Why does he feel like that?
The traffic light is annoying.

I’m interested
The book is interesting





Comparatives 2 people 2 things

Ken is taller than bill
Bill is not taller than ken
This book is cheaper than that book
That book is not cheaper than this book
My hands are smaller than your hands
Your hands are not smaller than any hands

1 syllable:
Dog, cat, horse.

Add ER:

Old
Older
Cheap
Cheaper
Cold
Colder
Tall
Taller
Short
Shorter
       
My mother isn’t older than my father
Young younger
My brother is younger than me

The rule is when a one syllable adjective ends in one vowel and one consonant you double the consonant

Example:

Big
Bigger

Fat
Fatter

Hot
Hotter

Thin
Thinner




Irregular adjectives:

Good           better
Bad             worse
Far              further

Use more or less in front of adjectives with 2 or more syllables

Tennis is more difficult than volleyball.
English is more important than germane.
Paris is more beautiful than Berlin.

Less \ more
*       
ü  John is hardworking.
ü  Peter is lazy
ü  Peter is less hardworking than john
ü  Boxing is interesting

*       
ü  Golf is boring
ü  Golf is less interesting than boxing
ü  Your football team is less successful than my football team

Y becomes ier:

Pretty                          prettier
My aunt is prettier than your ant

Busy                      busier
My father is busier at his new job than he was at his old job

Tidy          tidier
San’s bedroom is tidier than his brother’s

Angry angrier
Noisy noisier
Health is more important than money
Friendly more friendly or friendlier

To attack
An opponent
To defend
To get ride of stress








This         These        That        Those

This is my pen       
That is my pen                                                             
These are my pens
Those are my pens

What is this?
This is your pen

What are these?
These are my books

What is that?

That is my eraser

What are those?
Those are my notebooks
They are my notebooks

Whose are these photos?
It’s my family
Whose is this photo?
Whose car is this?

Verb to Be in the present 


Positive    +
Negative               -
Question         ?
I am  =  I'm
I am not = I'm not
AM I KhALID?
You are =  You're
You are not = you aren't
Are you Iman ?
He is = He's
He is not = he isn't
is he adil ?
She IS = She's
She is not = she isn't
is she Sara?
It is = it's
It is not  = it isn't
is it a pen?
 We are = we're
We are not = we aren't
are we Students?
You are = you're   
You are not = you arn't
are you Students
They are= they're
Theyare not = they aren't
are they Teachers?



Pronom 
Possessive
Subject
Object
My
I
Me
Your
You
Your
His
He
Him
Her
She
Her
Its
It
It
Our
We
Us
Your   
You
You
Their
They
Them


A     /   an

A boy                                                                                   an accountant
A man                                                                                  an uncle
A book                                                                                 an interesting book
A police officer                                                                   an eraser
A woman                                                                             an architect

A child                                                                                an appel


Present simple



The present simple is used for things on general and things that happen sometimes or always



The sun rises in the east.
I work from five till six
I like chocolate
I go to the cinema on Saturdays

To indicate this frequency, we use these adverbs

Always                       usually                  often              sometimes                   never
 

100%                                                                                                                   0%
                                     
  • I always go shopping on Fridays.
  • I usually have coffee with my breakfast, but sometimes I have tea.
  • I never watch American movies.
  • I often buy a newspaper on my way to work.

We use the verb “do” as an auxiliary when we ask questions.

  • Do you read a lot?
  • Do you like cheese?
  • Does she like her job?
  • What do you usually do in your free time?

The present simple:

positive
negative
Question

I speak
You speak
He speaks
She speaks
It speaks
We speak
They speak

I don’t speak
You don’t speak
He doesn’t speak
She doesn’t speak
It doesn’t speak
We don’t speak
They don’t speak


Do I speak English?
Do you speak English?
Does he speak English?
Does she speak English?
Does it speak English?
Do we speak English?
Do they speak English?


1)      es:

Wash                         washes
Teach                        teaches
Dress                         dresses
Fix                             fixes


2)      “Y” sometimes a vowel:

                                        Ay                  Oy                     Uy

Play                                he plays
Enjoy                              she enjoys
Buy                                 he buys
Stay                                she stays

Example:
Cry                                   he cries
Play                                  he plays
Try                                   he tries
Carry                               he carries
Worry                              he worries
Buy                                  he buys
Stay                                 he stays

Have / have got


She has blue eyes and black hair                  =                she’s got blue eyes and black hair

  • For possession have and have got are the same.

I have got a car

Have got in questions:

Have you got a time?
Has he got a car?

Have got in negatives:

I haven’t got a car
He hasn’t got a job

Frequency adverbs

 Always
Usually
Sometimes
Often
Rarely
Never

1) Before the verb:
I always play foot-ball on Sundays
I usually have coffee with my breakfast, but sometimes I have tea
I always go shopping on Fridays
I never watch American movies
I often buy a newspaper on my way to work
I always speak English

2) Sometimes and usually can go at the beginning of the sentence:
Sometimes I work in an office
Usually he works in a store

3) With “Be” verb:
She is always beautiful
They are usually polite
You are never rude
Usually she is nice
Sometimes she is funny

How often do you work?
I always work
How often are you shy?
I’m usually shy
How often are you happy?
I’m always happy

Does a police officer usually work in an office?
Yes he does but sometimes he works on a street

Does a nurse always work in a hospital?
Yes she does

Does a writer always write book?
Sometimes a writer writes poems

Usually and sometimes can be in the beginning of the sentences
Usually, I have coffee with my breakfast
Sometimes, I play basket-ball with my friends

What do you usually do in your free time?





Sentences Structures

You                   are                        young.
Subject             verb                       complement


You                 speak                    English.
Subject            verb                       object

Molly               likes                      you.
Subject             verb                       object

I                        see                         you
Subject             verb                        object

You                  see                           me
Subject              verb                        object

We                  see                            them
Subject            verb                          object
They                    see                        us
Subject                 verb                      object

Lisa                      speaks                  English
Subject                 verb                      object

Isabelle                doesn’t speak        English
Subject                     verb                   object

They                     are                         quiet
Subject                   verb                     complement
He                           is                         funny
Subject                     verb                    complement

Structure sentences:

And:    joins information
Or:      a choice
But:    opposite information

We wear shorts and we wear t-shirt
We wear shorts or we wear jeans
I wear jeans but I don’t wear trousers
Women wear shorts and they wear skirt
Women wear shorts or they wear jeans
Women wear skirts but they don’t wear tie

Possessive
Subject
Object
My
I
Me
Your
You
Your
His
He
Him
Her
She
Her
Its
It
It
Our
We
Us
Your   
You
You
Their
They
Them


Punctuation:
. Full stop or period    we put it in the end of the sentence or after a short word as Mr. Miss.
? Question mark
, comma
Apostrophe
- Hyphen


 
Time
What time is it?
It is half paste ten
It is ten thirty
It is five to six
It is twenty to four
It’s a quarter past ten

At

When do you get up?
I usually get up at 7:40 AM.

When do you eat breakfast?
I eat breakfast at 8:00 o’clock in the morning.

When do you go to work?
I go to work at 8:15.

When do you start work?
I start work at 9:00.

When do you eat lunch?
I eat lunch at noon.

When do you finish work?
I finish work at 5:00 o’clock.

When do you eat dinner?
I eat dinner at 9:00.
When do you watch television?
I watch television from 9:30 to 11:00.

When do you go to bed?
I go to bed at 12:00.

Weekdays:

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Sunday
Saturday

Months:

January
February
March
April
May
Jun
July
August
September
November
December

Seasons:

Spring
Summer
Full
Winter





  So Keep practise and if you find any problem contact me by email blkhalid@hotmail.co.uk

Enjoy Study  with Mr Khalid


No comments:

Post a Comment